Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Connect to My Network Printer Anymore: Brother 7065-DN

I bought my Macbook Pro in 2010 and never had a problem connecting to my home network printer until a few months ago. Ever since I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion 10.8.5 I can't see or access the network printer. My daughter, who bought her Macbook Pro at the beginning of the year, pre installed with Mountain Lion, has no issues seeing and printing to the printer. I tried reinstalling the driver from my disk and it wouldn't take. I tried downloading the Brother driver from Apple and the specific driver's and updates for my printer, nothing. When I am lucky enough to see it on the printer list, it won't print, saying that the printer cannot be located. I have tried (when it does see it, which is random and weird) using the IP address and then the driver from the list, I also tried using the post script general. I have tried adding the IP address of the printer in the printer set up, I have tried adding the MAC address, I've tried clicking it when it occasionally shows up under my work group. I tried installing it while it was connected directly to the laptop...Nothing....I've turned on printer sharing, file sharing, and anything else I can think of...I am at a loss!

The two Windows PC and the other Macbook in the house can connect via the network, no problem. I even tried to look at her settings to see what was different but I couldn't figure it out. What is really frustrating is that I am working on my degree and need to print regularly, so everyone else in the house has to stop what they are doing, open the file I sent them through e-mail, download it, and then print it. It irritates them and me!

I have a standard router n/b/g and a comcast modem. One desk top and three laptops connected to it. Internet access works fine. Printer is a Laser Jet all in one scanner/printer Brother 7065-DN. I have downloaded all the updated drivers from Apple and Brother. Someone please help!! I am going crazy and wasting a lot of time messing with this that could be better spent on my homework!! Like I said, it worked fine until the upgrade!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 1:35 PM

10 replies

Oct 6, 2013 2:07 PM in response to nicoled

Download the latest drivers, etc for your printer directly from Brother. There is also a firmware update for your printer on that site that you probably should install. FWIW I never install anything from the disc that comes with a printer as they are invariably out of date and the drivers on Apple's site may not be much better so I always go to the manufacturer's web site.

Jan 7, 2014 10:46 AM in response to Eric Root

I have exactly the same question only my upgrade was to 10.9.1 Mavericks. I have done everything Nicole has done and I just did the reset on the printing system. My computers can see the printer on the network, it says it is available, idle and green and as soon as I send a job to print it changes to yellow, says it is in use and will not connect? Just as frustrated as Nicole! Any other thoughts?

Jan 7, 2014 2:02 PM in response to meastley

meastley wrote:

I have exactly the same question only my upgrade was to 10.9.1 Mavericks.

Your post here is different from the original topic of discussion. You posted in the ML forums & you are using Mavericks.

It's generally better to start your own Topic, rather than adding onto an existing one ="Threadjacking."

Please start a new topic in the Mavericks forum about your issue so it can receive more focused attention.

User uploaded file

May 26, 2014 8:20 AM in response to nicoled

I have a different model Brother printer, MFC-9340CDW, and I began having the same problems recently. It turns out that my ISP (Comcast) switched over from IPV4 to IPV6. Since my modem and router had IPV6 auto-enabled, my home network switched over without me knowing. On the printer, I went into Network Settings>WLAN>TCP/IP and changed the last setting on the list from IPV4 to IPV6 and the printer instantly went back to connecting as it used to.

Can't Connect to My Network Printer Anymore: Brother 7065-DN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.