Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 4S and I can't connect to wifi

Sometimes the wifi on/off switch is greyed out and stuck so I can't even turn it on. The times when I can turn it on, it searches for networks but can never find any. I have tried resetting network settings, nothing changed. My phone didn't used to have this problem. Hope someone can help. Also any tips on where/how to get a cracked screen fixed cheaply? Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 2:57 PM

I have the same problem; tried a phone restore, both restoring data and setting up as new phone with factory settings, reset all settings, re-boot, remove apostrophe, put in fridge, you name it!

I think there's quite a few iphone 4s users with the same problem!

I called Apple they said it's a hardware problem, but it has worked for nearly two years; they say go to the Apple store and they can provide a replacement phone for approx. £150!

I've been into the O2 shop where I bought it and they knew the problem exactly; said they had sent a few phones off for repair and had them back awith a report they cannot fix it because it's a software problem!

An assistant in the shop had the same issues; logic says it's a software problem and hopefully Apple will fix it with a patch but at the moment they seem to be avoiding everyones comments!

If anyone else has any ideas these would be appreciated?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2013 2:57 PM in response to Natasham85

I have the same problem; tried a phone restore, both restoring data and setting up as new phone with factory settings, reset all settings, re-boot, remove apostrophe, put in fridge, you name it!

I think there's quite a few iphone 4s users with the same problem!

I called Apple they said it's a hardware problem, but it has worked for nearly two years; they say go to the Apple store and they can provide a replacement phone for approx. £150!

I've been into the O2 shop where I bought it and they knew the problem exactly; said they had sent a few phones off for repair and had them back awith a report they cannot fix it because it's a software problem!

An assistant in the shop had the same issues; logic says it's a software problem and hopefully Apple will fix it with a patch but at the moment they seem to be avoiding everyones comments!

If anyone else has any ideas these would be appreciated?

I have an iPhone 4S and I can't connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.