Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer gmail notes to iphone

Hello,

My phone have been stolen and i don't have recent backups. However, I have my notes syncronised with gmail. So I can access to my recent notes into gmail. I would like to know how I can put them back into my phone?

thank you! 🙂

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 9:03 AM

Hi tiblop!

I have an article that can inform you on syncing your Notes on your iPhone:

iOS: Syncing Notes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4191

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

-Braden

4 replies

Oct 13, 2015 12:50 AM in response to tiblop

You can move notes from Gmail back to your iPhone from an iMac via iCloud.

1) "Add Account" for both iCloud and Gmail to your iMac's Notes App.
Choose "Add Account" from the Notes dropdown menu on your iMac. (Or, add both Mail & iCloud accounts from the Mail app on your iMac.)
Make sure iCloud is added; if not, enter your Apple ID and add. Then, make sure that "Notes" is checked.
Click "Add Account" once again from the dropdown, choose Google, and enter your Gmail account info. Make sure that "Notes" is checked.

2) Open the Notes App on your iMac, and transfer notes from Gmail to iCloud.

You should now see both accounts on the left. Click Gmail. Select all (hold down shift, click first one, scroll down, click last one). Drag all notes to iCloud at left. Easy peasy!

3) On your iPhone, Click "Settings" and choose "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." Under iCloud, make sure that "Notes" is checked ON. When you open Notes on your iPhone, you should now see iCloud full of notes from your Gmail.

NOTE: When you next access Gmail, all of those (possibly unwanted) notes are still there -- even if you can't see them -- in your account's archive. To remove, you'll have to manually delete from "All Mail," then "Delete Forever" if desired from Trash.

Nov 2, 2015 3:20 PM in response to levapple

Addendum: if you delete Notes from Gmail BEFORE verifying that actual messages have transferred correctly via your iMac to *iCloud*, you will lose your Notes. (Warning: when your notes are stored on a third-party app -- such as Gmail -- there are no copies saved to your iPhone.

The safest thing (in my opinion) is to not link Notes to a third-party app in the first place. If you are unsure of what you're doing, don't delete them from Gmail -- or you may accidentally lose them.

**** If transferring Notes to iCloud via iMac, don't just be satisfied that the Note titles have transferred -- click on the Notes to view & verify!!!! ****

how to transfer gmail notes to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.