Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to use Java with Mountain Lion now except the Sun Java?

I thought there was some way but it escapes me how to use Java with Google Chrome browser. Got new Mountain Lion Mac Mini system and was told by Chrome I think that the Sun Java would not work because Chrome for Mac OS X is only a 32 bit browser. Is it possible to uninstall the one from Sun and get one from Apple that will work with 10.8.5? Randy

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 3:54 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2013 4:20 PM in response to starbux48

When you run an app that requires Java the OS will pop up a window asking you if you want to install Java 7. It happens with me for Photoshop. Don't know what apps you could try that require Java.

Found the following in this Apple Document: Java updates available for OS X on August 28, 2013

Click here if you're running OS X Lion v10.7.5 or OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.3, or later

Use one of these methods:

For a new installation of Java 7:

1. Download the latest Java 7 version from www.java.com/download/mac_download.jsp.
  2. Open the downloaded disk image.
  3. Open the installer within and follow the onscreen instructions.

Is there any way to use Java with Mountain Lion now except the Sun Java?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.