Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone is stuck in recovery mode and itunes will not recognize my phone. I've tried pretty much every trick i can and i still do not know what to do. Someone please help me

My iphone is stuck in recovery mode and itunes will not recognize my phone. I've tried pretty much every trick i can and i still do not know what to do. Someone please help me

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 4:42 PM

26 replies

Oct 6, 2013 5:58 PM in response to tpiccone

Press and hold both ur lock button and ur home button for as long as it shows the apple icon(or for as long as it switches off to restart) make sure wen u do dat ur iPhone/iPad is not plugged on to ur PC , ur PC should be connected to the internet, before u plug u plug ur iPhone / iPad make sure u launch iTunes first, then plug ur iPhone/iPad in,iTunes will automatically pick up that ur device is in recovery mode, then u follow the instructions that'll appear on ur screen. It's either u restore or start up as new.

Aug 2, 2014 5:51 AM in response to tpiccone

I've done all of these, even trying a different USB port, and still, nothing. This is really confusing. Windows 8.1 said something to do with USB malfunction or something and nothing works. I need to restore my iPhone quickly and nothing has happened. My cable is not genuine Apple product. iTunes makes the noise that it makes when I connect the device, but it doesn't say 'iPhone is in recovery mode' or even say 'iPhone' in the corner. I am really fed up and would really appreciate a response.

Thanks,

Nathan.

Oct 12, 2014 12:37 PM in response to Nathandude600

I had the exact same issue discussed in this thread. My iPhone 4 got stuck in recovery mode while updating to iOS 7.1.2. I tried everything mentioned in this thread but was no use. iTunes could not recognize the phone being connected, I even tried different USB ports, restarted the laptop but nothing helped.

Finally went to a different laptop (old one I had) with iTunes and connected, to my surprise iTunes recognized the iphone in recovery mode.

Restored iOS 7.1.2, then came back to the new laptop and was able to restore most recent backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.