Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Brightness not working - iOS7

Hi,

Am facing this issue since upgrading to iOS7 on my iPad and iPhone 5. The auto brightness has been turned on both the devices yet the screen brightness level remains unchanged, be in lighted room, in daylight or in dark room.

In iOS6 the auto brightness was changing the brightness level depending upon the external light source in the room or outside. Is there some setting am missing in iOS7?

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 4:55 PM

8 replies

Oct 12, 2013 6:21 AM in response to Viraj Toronto

Auto brightness works for me in iOS 7 on an iPad 4 and iPhone 5.

I believe that the way auto brightness works is as follows:

. If the environment darkens the screen is only dimmed when it is turned off/on. This prevents the screen from dimming every time the light sensor is covered by your fingers, papers, etc.

. If the environment brightens the screen will automatically brighten over a period of a few seconds.

Mar 5, 2014 6:46 AM in response to Viraj Toronto

I found a bug with autobright getting stuck and here is how to fix it. for me my autobright would not move at all no matter what the lighting condition. to fix it I had to play with the brightness setting located in the control center (open by swiping your finger up from the bottom of the screen). After adjusting the brightness slider here magically autobright started working. There must be some bug related to changing the brightness here which prevents the auto-brightness from working

Auto Brightness not working - iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.