Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuttering iMovie Ken Burn Stills in iDVD

I am going crazy, and wasting DVD discs, using iDVD to record iMovies with stills that have the Ken Burns effect. While the movie (book trailer, 212 Mb) looks great when played back in QuickTime, the Ken Burns stills stutter/jerk on the final DVD.

I finalize the project, then share as a QuickTime movie at H.256 compression. I am on a 17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Mac OS 10.7.5.

Any help will really be appreciated!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 17"

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 5:15 PM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2013 10:11 AM in response to NautilusGirl

How much free space do you have on your boot drive.

What speed did you burn at.

What brand disc are you using?

When working with iDVD is strongly recommended to have a minimum of 25 GB of free space.

Also follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD which will prevent burning coasters during testing:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

Stuttering iMovie Ken Burn Stills in iDVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.