Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to delete a song off my iphone by swiping right to left it doesnt delete, I even tried plugging the usb into my pc and deleting off itunes and i dont find an option to delete it, how can I?

When I try to delete a song off my iphone by swiping right to left it doesnt delete, I even tried plugging the usb into my pc and deleting off itunes and i dont find an option to delete it, how can I?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 5:52 PM

8 replies

Oct 6, 2013 5:58 PM in response to StaceyJerr

This depend on how you are syncing your music in itunes, if you have "Entire music library" selected then you cant delete a individual song, you need to unselect "Entire music library" by clicking on the option below it, "Selected play lists, artists, albums" and then click apply. Now click on the top where it says library and then select all the song you want by holding down command on mac and selecting each one and control on windows then drag them to the left and you should see your phone drag it onto your phone. Now you can delete songs or select single songs from itunes or delete them on your phone. If this doesnt fix it let me know and ill look more into it.

Oct 6, 2013 6:09 PM in response to StaceyJerr

Delete the song from iTunes , then plug your iPhone in, when you synchronize it will not be in your IPhone anymore, if that doesn't work, change the location of your song in the computer then plug ur iPhone in, when it synchronizes, it will mention that a song( ur song) is missing and cannot be synchronized, hopefully that will help u

Oct 14, 2013 6:53 AM in response to StaceyJerr

Here's what I did:

1. I synced my phone to iTunes and under the music tab, I selected sync only checked playlists. I made sure I had none of my playlists selected.

2. After syncing I ejected the phone, and checked my music app. There now was no music at all on my phone.

3. Synced it again to iTunes and synced music how I typically do. When it was finished, I checked for the unwanted song, and it was gone.

Maybe this will work for you as well.

Jan 25, 2014 6:26 PM in response to StaceyJerr

I have this issue, too. I can't seem to delete music either on my phone or through itunes! Swiping doesn't give me the delete option, it only starts playing the song I'm trying to delete. Syncing only selected playlists on itunes doesn't work either; it doesn't delete the old stuff so it just tells me that there isn't enough space to sync my new stuff. I really don't have that much media. I have like eight apps and not that much music, so... ***. Please help!! All I want is to be able to add the ONE new song I bought. That's it!

Jul 9, 2014 11:46 PM in response to mishy69

If you are still having this problem, I used the method from 'Light and Lens' above. It didn't work the first time I ejected my phone (the music was still there), but after turning the phone off a couple of times alternating with syncing it with iTunes and 'no music selected' it finally did work. I now have no music on my phone and I can start adding songs without having the annoying Christmas songs that I couldn't get rid of for 7 months now!

Thanks to Light and Lens for their solution!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.