Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes is deleting music off my iphone while in manual mode

Hello all,

I recently got a refurbished phone from apple care and have had nothing but problems with uploading music from my itunes to my iphone. My phone is set to "manual", but yet, when I create a playlist, music keeps getting deleted. I also have "Itunes match" set to off

Example-

I upload 50 songs to my iphone

I create a playlist called "work out music" and I put 20 songs in the playlist on my iphone

I then create a new playlist called "indie" and I put 30 songs in the playlist on my iphone

When I go back to "work out music" playlist, either all of my songs are deleted from my playlist and iphone library or music that is in my "indie" playlist are now in my "work out music" playlist ontop of deleting most of my music from "work out music" even though I did not add any additional music to 'work out music" playlist

I've called Apple care and googled this several times and can NOT find an answer. Please help

On a side note- to keep my laptop free of space, I keep 0 music in my itunes, and have it all saved on my external hard drive. I upload the music from my external hard drive to my itunes when I want to put music on my iphone. I also own an ipod which has over 10k songs and this problem does not occur when I plug my ipod into my itunes

Once again- thanks for all your help in advance

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 5:21 PM

3 replies

Itunes is deleting music off my iphone while in manual mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.