Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I erased my mac os x hard drive and tried installed lion again without knowing that I have to use my apple account, and I have forgotten my details for it.

So I held down option and the power button and erased my hard drive to set it back to factory settings for school and I did not know that I needed my apple details to install lion again, and I dont know the username and password for it because I never really used the apple app. I created another apple account but it says I cannot use that account on it.. Please help, what can I do?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 6:57 PM

Did you use Internet Recovery or regular Recovery HD? http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4718

What OS did it ship with? Lion or Snow Leopard.

If Lion, you should be able to boot into Internet Recvovery and install Lion without your AppleID.

If it came with Snow Leopard, you will need your original install DVD that came with the Mac.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2013 6:57 PM in response to Elowah

Did you use Internet Recovery or regular Recovery HD? http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4718

What OS did it ship with? Lion or Snow Leopard.

If Lion, you should be able to boot into Internet Recvovery and install Lion without your AppleID.

If it came with Snow Leopard, you will need your original install DVD that came with the Mac.

Oct 6, 2013 9:11 PM in response to Chris CA

Command R (no option)

From what I learned from testing with a number of people, you do need to invoke IR in certain circumstances.

Command + R will reinstall the currently installed OS version. Apple ID verification is needed.

Command + Option + R will reinstall the originally installed OS version IF that was Lion or ML and the drive is erased first. (This is the option that needs to be used by sellers needing to wipe the drive and reinstall the original OS version before selling the machine; it will also work with a newly installed HD or other problems requiring a fresh install). Apple ID verification is not needed.

IR would appear to be helpful here since the OP is unable to use his Apple ID?

I erased my mac os x hard drive and tried installed lion again without knowing that I have to use my apple account, and I have forgotten my details for it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.