Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I have Lion 10.7.5 and I want to upgrade to mavericks what do i need?

Hello everyone.

I am interested in upgrading to mavericks but I have lion do I need to upgrade Mountain Lion first?

Thank you so much

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 7:46 PM

OS X Mavericks

You will find all the public information about OS X Mavericks here: Apple Releases Developer Preview of OS X Mavericks with 200+ New Features.

We are all users, too, so we don't know anything more about Mavericks than you.

For more information on the features of Mavericks see: Apple - OS X Mavericks.

Mavericks is expected to be released sometime this Fall.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2013 7:46 PM in response to Davlem

OS X Mavericks

You will find all the public information about OS X Mavericks here: Apple Releases Developer Preview of OS X Mavericks with 200+ New Features.

We are all users, too, so we don't know anything more about Mavericks than you.

For more information on the features of Mavericks see: Apple - OS X Mavericks.

Mavericks is expected to be released sometime this Fall.

Oct 7, 2013 6:31 AM in response to Davlem

I have 10.7.5 as well. First you will need to upgrade 10.7.5 with any updates that are available. you need 10.7.5 fully updated. Then you will probably need to update to mountain lion first and then maverick. That is how it usually works. But like the posts before this you can wait for maverick to come out to see if you need mountain lion first..

I still have updates to do just never have got around to it. So I am in the same boat you are.When all the rush is over I willmake a move.

Oct 7, 2013 6:46 AM in response to Donald Worrell

Donald Worrell wrote:

First you will need to upgrade 10.7.5 with any updates that are available. you need 10.7.5 fully updated. Then you will probably need to update to mountain lion first and then maverick. That is how it usually works.

Not true. One can install Snow Leopard on a system that has Tiger on it, bypassing Leopard. One can install Mt. Lion from Snow Leopard by passing Lion (assuming the MBP meets Mt. Lion requirements). Past history does not support your statement.

We do not know the exact details at this moment and only will when Mavericks is released.

Ciao.

Oct 7, 2013 3:05 PM in response to ghost11

ghost11 wrote:

but Wikipedia has the system requirements. You can upgrade directly from Lion and save $20. You need Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7 or later to install Mavericks, so your Lion installation does indeed qualify. You can find the requirements in the Wikipedia article here.

May I point out that Wikipedia does not represent ot speak for Apple Corporation. As I stated before "We do not know the exact details at this moment and only will when Mavericks is released." What may be in Wikipedia is no better than in any other rumor mill when it comes to any Apple unreleased products.

Ciao.

If I have Lion 10.7.5 and I want to upgrade to mavericks what do i need?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.