Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just updated my macbook pro and now every time i go to youtube it tells me I have to download the new version of adobe flash player so i do and it still wont let me play it ..

I just updated my macbook pro and now every time i go to youtube it tells me I have to download the new version of adobe flash player so i do and it still wont let me play it ..

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 7:59 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2013 8:05 PM in response to Daniella Boronka

Assuming Allan's advice is not correct, and you do run the installer, I think I've heard of that problem and it involves removing the old Flash plug-ins, then install the new version. I don't use it so I don't know what they are called, but will be the /Library/Internet Plug-ins folder.

You can go here and enable HTML5 in YouTube so you don't have to use Flash: http://www.youtube.com/html5

Most(?) of the content is HTML5, but you may run into videos where you still need Flash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.