Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The songs I bought on my iphone 5 disappear from the playlists I made on my phone when I connected it to my computer after updating to iOS 7

I have had my iphone 5 since it came out a year ago. Recently, after updating to iOS 7, I bought some songs directly on my iphone and added them to a playlist that I made on my phone. When I connected my phone to my computer (I don't automatically sync my music with iTunes, I manually manage it), I noticed that the new songs had been removed from my new playlist. I added them back and then when I reconnected it today, it did it again. The purchased songs are still on my phone, just not in the playlist. Then I noticed that for my two most recent playlists (the two made in the last 2 months or so) all songs that I had purchased (regardless of when or how) were missing. But for the rest of the playlists, all the songs were still there. This is very confusing to me. Why did this happen and how can I make it stop happening? Please help thank you!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2, iTunes syncing

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 9:08 PM

3 replies

Feb 21, 2014 10:58 AM in response to Julianna1129

Did you ever figure this out? I'm still having this same problem. I like to create my playlists on my phone, but when I plug into my iMac and sync through iTunes, the new playlists on my phone dissapear. This is very frustrating and it seems that no one has received any definate answers. If I create playlists on my phone, or on my iMac, when I sync, shouldn't the new playlists and songs go both ways if I have them selected to sync?

Please help! I just took the time to create an awesome playlist on my phone and I don't want it to be lost when I sync next!

Also, I noticed that this started when I upgraded to iOS7, which I see is a common problem for all.

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Feb 21, 2014 11:12 AM in response to Kornwolf

Hmm this seems to be a slightly different issue than I had. My playlists weren't all together disappearing, just the purchased songs within the playlist would disappear from the playlist (but not completely from the phone). Also it looks like you are syncing your music, whereas I was manually managing mine. Maybe that could have something to do with your problem? I never received an answer on how to fix it, and I didn't actively do anything, but it just stopped doing this at some point. Not really sure what's going on here, but this shouldn't be an issue.

The songs I bought on my iphone 5 disappear from the playlists I made on my phone when I connected it to my computer after updating to iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.