Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IN Camera Raw for Aperture the why won't the Canon G16 photos download?

I've had no success in downloading my RAW photos from the new Canon Powershot G16 into my Aperture Project library. Does Apple need to update the RAW compatibility software or is there another way to get my RAW files to work in Aperture?

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 9:55 PM

The list of currently supported cameras is here:

Apple - Aperture - Technical Specifications - RAW Support

The new Canon Powershot G16 is not yet on the list, but the previous model Canon Powershot G15 is supported in Aperture 3.4 or later. So you have to wait for Apple to release a new raw support version.

While you are waiting, you have several options:

• Shoot raw&jpeg and use the jpeg as originals; you can switch this later to use the raw
  • Or use the software that comes with your camera to develope the raw and import tiff or another lossless format.

Regards

Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2013 9:55 PM in response to wickedrunner1

The list of currently supported cameras is here:

Apple - Aperture - Technical Specifications - RAW Support

The new Canon Powershot G16 is not yet on the list, but the previous model Canon Powershot G15 is supported in Aperture 3.4 or later. So you have to wait for Apple to release a new raw support version.

While you are waiting, you have several options:

• Shoot raw&jpeg and use the jpeg as originals; you can switch this later to use the raw
  • Or use the software that comes with your camera to develope the raw and import tiff or another lossless format.

Regards

Léonie

IN Camera Raw for Aperture the why won't the Canon G16 photos download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.