Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iPod touch we want install ios7 but we update software showing iOS 6.1.3 not showing ios7

Hello

I want install iOS 7 or 7.0.2

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.2, Not ios7 or latter

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 9:36 PM

11 replies

Feb 2, 2017 8:39 PM in response to Captain021

If you had any idea what you were talking about, then you would know that the hardware cannot support the software. Period. And seriously, we get complaints here all the time with people saying "why did Apple let me download the latest iOS to my iPad? Now it is trashed because it is so slow". So, everybody's got a gripe.

As fellow users, we simply provide information. We really don't care whether people like it or not. It is what it is.

GB

Feb 3, 2017 3:41 PM in response to gail from maine

IF Apple had you as an employee, to speak/answer questions on their behalf, they deniately would be on the down side with sales/profits. Tell me why I can jailbreak a 4th generation? Apple is smart enough to make/control each device they create. They know just how long they will allow the device to handle updates, when they make it. The need for the latest and greatest device, wouldn't be quite as needed if they didn't do.. but you know this. Apple has more complaints over such matters, than any other company, hence why youll hear more n more consumers saying, "I'll never get another apple device". Like u said tho, u hear about it ALL the time, and could care less, it is what it is? Reality, No consumers equal no sales. So maybe it's time to care what consumers say and how you answer, (well, if you were an employee that is.)

Good bye :)

Feb 3, 2017 9:05 PM in response to Captain021

That's correct. I couldn't care less what fellow users decide to do for personal purchases. I do not work for Apple, I am a user just like you. So, your threats are meaningless to me. We volunteer our time to help fellow users with technical issues. We do not volunteer our time to listen to opinions from disgruntled people. If you want help, we can do that. Otherwise, we have no interest in your griping and your misinformation.

GB

Dec 1, 2015 8:05 PM in response to apple-ehhh

The hardware and does not have the capacity to support the newer iOS. The 4th gen is a 5 year old device. That's ancient in technology terms. Technology is a fast-moving world, and as new features and functions are developed, new hardware has to be developed to support those innovations. Some of them simply cannot be "retrofitted" into older hardware.

My iPad 1, which was introduced at about the same time as the iPod 4th gen, and it won't run an iOS higher than iOS 5....

As far as having compatible apps that continue to run on your device - you would need to have those apps in your iTunes Library, or the developer of those apps would have to provide compatible versions.

GB

I have iPod touch we want install ios7 but we update software showing iOS 6.1.3 not showing ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.