Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access iTunes Store after 11.1.1 upgrade

I have a MacBook that I just upgraded to OSX 10.6.8. I then upgraded my iTunes to 11.1.1. When I try to access the iTunes Store through a search, I get a message, "Accessing iTunes Store," but then nothing happens, the content screen is blank. Is there anything I can do to get it to work? Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iTunes 11.1.1

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 10:36 PM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2013 1:14 AM in response to Hornista

I'm having a similar problem.

Tried to open iTunes yesterday - said yes to the update question and thought it hadn't worked as the App store said it couldn't access the internet! Ever since then I get an error message telling me that the iTunes store is temporarily unavailable every time I try to access the store.

Checked the version I'm using and it appears to be 11.1 - difficult to tell as the words scroll down too quickly to read properly. My OSX is 10.8.5 if that helps the clever people!! 🙂

Oct 7, 2013 12:20 PM in response to Hornista

Apparently I solved my own problem after doing some research. One suggestion I found was to check for software updates. I selected Software Update from the Apple Menu and found out I had 7 items that needed to be updated, including a firmware update. After I completed all that and restarted my MacBook, I was able to access the iTunes Store. I'm assuming something in those updates fixed the problem.

Cannot access iTunes Store after 11.1.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.