Currently Being ModeratedOct 7, 2013 5:28 AM (in response to ejaffe mac)
- what does "reset the account" mean?
- This might be a keychain issue. Try:
- Delete the account completely from Mail.app. (Don't just inactivate it, delete it).
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access
- Search for and delete all keychain entries related to this mail account.
- Do option-⌘J and open keychain first aid; enter your password, select repair, and start
- I'm not sure if you need a restart at this point but it wouldn't hurt
- Then go back to Mail.app and recreate the account
Currently Being ModeratedOct 7, 2013 8:38 AM (in response to ejaffe mac)
Currently Being ModeratedOct 7, 2013 9:28 AM (in response to ejaffe mac)
Just a suggestion:
Bear in mind that you have to be connected to the Internet via your own provider if you want to send emails out via their email servers. If you try to send from somewhere else (e.g. Starbucks) it won't work.
You can get around this by using webmail.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points