Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want To Switch Back From iOS 7 to iOS 6

So, I just updated my iOS software yesterday on my iPad 2 to the latest version, iOS 7, from the previous iOS 6. There are four or five decent new features, but FAR too many that I don't like about it...

To name a few:

- in iOS 7, the user-photos screen saver that you could turn on from the "lock screen" is now gone. With iOS 7, you have to go into your photos to turn it on.... I can't stand that. I wish Apple would put it back to turning on the photo screen saver from the iPad's lock screen.

- iOS 7 now forces my photos into a grouping organization (date and location) that I don't like. The photo backgrounds all now have a white background, which is a real strain on my eyes. Why can't users choose their own iOS color schemes without polarizing photos?

- the new iOS 7 color scheme is way too bright. Especially in Photos, Notes and in Contacts. This can't be adjusted to a darker color without inverting the colors (which also polarizes/inverts the color in any photos). I also don't like the colored app "bar" at the bottom of the home screen's page(s). Why they don't make it black, or better yet, transparent?

- you cannot pinch to re-size or adjust the size of a user-chosen photo wallpaper in iOS 7 to fit your home screen the way that you could in iOS 6. In iOS 7; it will only self-adjust and save to a size that is far bigger than your home screen, and therefore completely off-center.

- as with iOS 6, almost half of my music playlists in iTunes won't copy over to iCloud/iTunes Match: I would have to recreate the playlists from scratch in iTunes Match, which- with the enormous size of my music library (300 gigs), could take hours. I'm pretty attached to the playlists that I spent a great deal of time creating. I keep getting an error in iTunes/iCloud that there are media types "other than" Mp3's in my playlists, which I know for a fact isn't true. My iTunes playlists all have only Mp3 files. Actually, the same problem occurred in iOS 6.

- there are now more privacy settings to adjust with iOS 7, to protect your privacy from ads or user-specific ads. There is nothing that I hate more than to pay money & have to defend my basic right to not be bothered with ads/sharing of my personal info. Why this is a recurring problem with technology companies, I have no idea. Like the rest of us, I want the choice to completely to maintain my privacy. If I want to look at ads, I'll turn on the TV or open any magazine.

- in iOS 7, it is now much harder to "swipe" get to the "search screen" to keyword search for documents & emails, etc.

I'll submit this as feedback to Apple, but I'm sure it'll fall on deaf ears and I'll be permanently stuck with the current changes in iOS 7, or that the next iOS update won't be much of an improvement.

My question is- if the last time that I backed up my iPad a week ago, I had iOS 6 installed in iTunes (and haven't updated on my desktop yet to iOS 7), can't I do a complete restore of my iPad and then do a backup and revert to iOS 6? I don't care what data is lost over the last week, I just want to go back to iOS 6.

I really don't like the new iOS 7 version and want to revert back to "6", but I just read that this isn't possible anymore after the beta period is over. Is this true?

Regretting my decision to update. Could someone please tell me how or if I can revert back to iOS 6 (from my iOS 6 backup on my PC desktop)??? Sorry for the rant. Thanks.

Custom-made PC, Windows XP Pro, CPU: Intel Pentium 4, CPU Speed: 3GHz, RAM: 1 Gig, Hard Drive Ca

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 12:35 AM

1 reply

Want To Switch Back From iOS 7 to iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.