Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get all my contacts on the iPhone

In the Contacts application on my MacBook, on the left the first item is "All contacts", below is iCloud contacts.

The iCloud contacts do not include all my contacts (does not include a recent synch with my Blackberry).

How do I get "All my contacts" on iCloud so that I can have all my contacts on my iPad and my new iPhone?

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 9:43 AM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2013 12:03 PM in response to JPDeM

Hello JPDeM,

It sounds like many of your contacts are in All Contacts and not under iCloud in the Contacts application on your MacBook. There are a couple of ways you can move the contacts to iCloud.

First, if there are just a few contacts you would like to move, you can drag them from All Contacts to the iCloud section on the left:

Add contacts to a group or folder

Select one or more contacts and drag them to a group or folder.

Organize contacts using groups or folders

https://help.apple.com/contacts/mac/7.0/help/index.html?localePath=English.lproj #adrbk1178

Alternatively, you can turn Contacts off and then back on in System Preferences>iCloud. When you turn Contacts back on, you will be prompted to merge your contacts, and this should move items from All Contacts to iCloud:

Turn iCloud Contacts off and back on.

1. Quit Contacts (or Address Book on OS X Lion).
  2. Open System Preferences, and choose iCloud.
  3. Deselect the checkbox next to Contacts. Click Keep Contacts.
  4. Close System Preferences, and wait about a minute.
  5. Open System Preferences, and choose iCloud.
  6. Reselect the checkbox next to Contacts.
  7. Close System Preferences.
  8. Open Contacts (or Address Book) and test to see if the issue has been resolved.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3998

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Can't get all my contacts on the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.