Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

During setting up my Apple ID I typed the wrong email address . Missed up on the spelling . Need to know how to change ape I'd and email ?

Typed wrong email address during set up if Apple ID . Now I need to know how to change Apple ID and email address

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2017 2:51 PM

It's a cake walk!

Browsed through some torturous solution and finally explored it on my own.

If you have misspelt your email Id, do not panic as long as you remember your password that you entered while signing up for apple with that misspelt id.

* Goto settings (I've mentioned the below steps for Apple Mobile device iOS 10.1.1. The steps might be slightly different if you are doing this process through Laptops or using a different iOS version)

* Search for iTunes & AppStore

* Click on your Apple ID (your misspelt id)

* A pop up appears

* Click on View Apple ID

Obviously by now you would be redirected to a verfication web page.

If it is asking you for sign in THAT's THE MAIN STEP.

* Enter your misspelt Apple ID and the password you used to create it.

IT WILL SHOW YOUR MISSPELT EMAIL ID IN A TEXTBOX

and a link button below it to RESEND VERIFICATION CODE.

* Now CORRECT YOUR EMAIL ID in the textbox and click on resend verification code.

* Now that you have corrected the spelling, a mail will be sent to you from Apple. Click on that verification link from your mail.

Ta-da. You're done.

Hope it helps!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2017 2:51 PM in response to Bama moreland

It's a cake walk!

Browsed through some torturous solution and finally explored it on my own.

If you have misspelt your email Id, do not panic as long as you remember your password that you entered while signing up for apple with that misspelt id.

* Goto settings (I've mentioned the below steps for Apple Mobile device iOS 10.1.1. The steps might be slightly different if you are doing this process through Laptops or using a different iOS version)

* Search for iTunes & AppStore

* Click on your Apple ID (your misspelt id)

* A pop up appears

* Click on View Apple ID

Obviously by now you would be redirected to a verfication web page.

If it is asking you for sign in THAT's THE MAIN STEP.

* Enter your misspelt Apple ID and the password you used to create it.

IT WILL SHOW YOUR MISSPELT EMAIL ID IN A TEXTBOX

and a link button below it to RESEND VERIFICATION CODE.

* Now CORRECT YOUR EMAIL ID in the textbox and click on resend verification code.

* Now that you have corrected the spelling, a mail will be sent to you from Apple. Click on that verification link from your mail.

Ta-da. You're done.

Hope it helps!

Oct 9, 2013 1:01 PM in response to Bama moreland

Hello Bama moreland,

If you remember your password, you can log into https://appleid.apple.com/ to update your Apple ID:

To change your Apple ID, follow these steps:

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click "Manage your Apple ID", and sign in.
  2. If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID. If you are unable to receive messages at your trusted device, follow the guidelines for what to do if you can't sign in with two-step verification.
  3. In the "Apple ID and Primary Email Address section," click Edit.
  4. Enter the email address you want to use, then click Save Changes. Apple will send a verification email to that address.
  5. Open the email from Apple, then click Verify Now in the email.
  6. When the My Apple ID page opens, sign in with your renamed Apple ID.
  7. If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID.

After you see a message indicating that verification is complete, remember to update all of the features and services that you use with your Apple ID.

You can view the full article here:

Apple ID: Changing your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5621

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Nov 18, 2015 9:53 AM in response to sabrina70

This is moronic. The chat program is completely useless and can't be fixed without dynamiting stuff that is purring along just fine. I tried to uninstall the app completely and some whining excuses popped up to the effect that the cancer is embedded deep in the OS.

One thing is certain: it asks for the login and I give it the correct password--the same one I use for all Google stuff--and the **** thing refuses to work and belches up error messages until I finally get ****** off. Whoever wrote the code for this would be much more valuable working for a competitor we all hate.

During setting up my Apple ID I typed the wrong email address . Missed up on the spelling . Need to know how to change ape I'd and email ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.