Hello Bama moreland,
If you remember your password, you can log into https://appleid.apple.com/ to update your Apple ID:
To change your Apple ID, follow these steps:
- Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click "Manage your Apple ID", and sign in.
- If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID. If you are unable to receive messages at your trusted device, follow the guidelines for what to do if you can't sign in with two-step verification.
- In the "Apple ID and Primary Email Address section," click Edit.
- Enter the email address you want to use, then click Save Changes. Apple will send a verification email to that address.
- Open the email from Apple, then click Verify Now in the email.
- When the My Apple ID page opens, sign in with your renamed Apple ID.
- If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID.
After you see a message indicating that verification is complete, remember to update all of the features and services that you use with your Apple ID.
You can view the full article here:
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
This is moronic. The chat program is completely useless and can't be fixed without dynamiting stuff that is purring along just fine. I tried to uninstall the app completely and some whining excuses popped up to the effect that the cancer is embedded deep in the OS.
One thing is certain: it asks for the login and I give it the correct password--the same one I use for all Google stuff--and the **** thing refuses to work and belches up error messages until I finally get ****** off. Whoever wrote the code for this would be much more valuable working for a competitor we all hate.