Currently Being ModeratedOct 9, 2013 9:24 AM (in response to green jean)
Hello Green Jean,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
It sounds like you are having trouble syncing your contacts information as expected with iTunes.
I recommend we start with troubleshooting the SyncServices folder with this article:
Mac OS X: Resetting the SyncServices folder
- If you see the Sync menu in the menu bar, skip to step 3:
- If you do not see the Sync menu in your menu bar, skip to step 7.
- Hold the Option key on your keyboard, then click the Sync menu in the menu bar:
if you see the Sync menu but you are unable to open it, skip to step 8.
- Choose Reset Sync Services.
- Click Reset Sync History.
- Test for the original issue. If the issue persists, or if you are unable to open the Sync menu, follow these steps:
- In the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu.
- Open Terminal.
- In the Terminal window, type or paste the following command on a single line:
/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync .pl full
- Press Return.
- Quit Terminal after the operation has completed (when Terminal returns to the command prompt with a $).
If the issue persists after that, I would next use this article to help resolve it:
Sync Services: Advanced troubleshooting for contact and calendar syncing
All the best,