Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i convert pdf to jpg in automator?

How do I convert a pdf to jpg in Automator?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 12:11 PM

Automator has a "Render PDF Pages to Images" action.

There's a wizard that pops up when you run Automator asking you to choose a template. The second template is "Application":

Applications are self-running workflows. Any files or folders dropped onto an Application will be used as input to the workflow.

So:

1. Open Automator
  2. Choose "Application"
  3. Drag the "Render PDF Pages to Images" action onto the workflow
  4. This action produces random filenames, so follow it with "Rename Finder Items" (choose "Make sequential" from the dropdown list
  5. Then add a "Move Finder Items" to have the output files moved to the Desktop
  6. Save your new application somewhere
  7. Drag files onto it
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2013 12:11 PM in response to jbsphoto

Automator has a "Render PDF Pages to Images" action.

There's a wizard that pops up when you run Automator asking you to choose a template. The second template is "Application":

Applications are self-running workflows. Any files or folders dropped onto an Application will be used as input to the workflow.

So:

1. Open Automator
  2. Choose "Application"
  3. Drag the "Render PDF Pages to Images" action onto the workflow
  4. This action produces random filenames, so follow it with "Rename Finder Items" (choose "Make sequential" from the dropdown list
  5. Then add a "Move Finder Items" to have the output files moved to the Desktop
  6. Save your new application somewhere
  7. Drag files onto it

how do i convert pdf to jpg in automator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.