Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of iPhone...?

I changed my password yesterday on my iPhone 5, but like an idiot I forgot what I made it. I've tried restoring my iPhone with a backup, but it says I need to go on it to turn off Find My iPhone.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 1:18 PM

Hi jmojro,

With the new security measures introduced with iOS 7 to make your phone safer from would-be thieves, you must turn off Find My iPhone before you can restore your device.

The only option you have at this point is to sign into Find My iPhone via the Find My iPhone app on another iOS device, or via iCloud.com on a computer.

You would then need to wipe your phone from there in order to be able to restore it.

GB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2013 1:18 PM in response to jmojro

Hi jmojro,

With the new security measures introduced with iOS 7 to make your phone safer from would-be thieves, you must turn off Find My iPhone before you can restore your device.

The only option you have at this point is to sign into Find My iPhone via the Find My iPhone app on another iOS device, or via iCloud.com on a computer.

You would then need to wipe your phone from there in order to be able to restore it.

GB

Locked out of iPhone...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.