Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle keeps shutting off!!!

I've looked everywhere for something to fix this issue. I love using my iPod shuffle and I got this as a gift. I've tried everything you could imagine. I really need help here. I don't have the money for a new one (yeah, I know... $50). I just started using this again for walking to my friends house and the next time I went to play it which was after I charged it, it wouldn't work... There should honestly be removable batteries in Apple accessories :/

1. 7 different earbuds/3 headphones

2. Restoring/resetting

3. Cleaning the jack

iPod shuffle, Windows 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2017 12:15 PM

Fantastic! I pulled my shuffle out for the first time in years to use while I worked out and had the whole shutting off while playing problem. The device was fully charged too. Tried using alcohol with q tip to clean and now works great. This was almost trashed until I read this. Thank you so much for sharing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2017 12:15 PM in response to av8tor96

Fantastic! I pulled my shuffle out for the first time in years to use while I worked out and had the whole shutting off while playing problem. The device was fully charged too. Tried using alcohol with q tip to clean and now works great. This was almost trashed until I read this. Thank you so much for sharing.

Jan 23, 2015 4:43 PM in response to Gamma2Radiation

Mine was doing the same thing. I started cleaning it with denatured alcohol and a q-tip and cleaning the headphone contacts. Basically take a small q-tip and denatured alcohol and run it up and down the headphone jack a few times. It seems to work and I have to redo it every couple of months. I think the contacts get dirty and then it shuts off thinking there are no headphones attached. Anyway, it's worked for me and I hope it helps with yours.

iPod Shuffle keeps shutting off!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.