Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Book Live Duo Remote Access

I currently have an iMac and use Time Machine to back up my desktop to a My Book Live Duo External Drive.

My Book Live is supposed to allow for remote access to files. When I click on WD2go app, I can see the public shares as well as the Time Machine Share. However, when I try to see the files in the Time Machine Share remotely, I don't have files that can be accessed.

I know the back up is successful because I can see the files on the external drive when I am on the desktop. Does Time Machine put the backup files in a certain format such that I can't see them remotely on my iphone or ipad.

I also have a Windows desktop that also backsup to My Book Live Duo. I use the WD Smarware to backup that desktop. Unlike the Time Machine backup, I have no problem see and accessing the files backed up through WD Smartware.

Has anyone else experienced this problem??

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 7:55 PM

There are no replies.

My Book Live Duo Remote Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.