Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone temporarily deletes messages

so I just updated to ios7 and my phone has been perfectly fine. the battery died once and when I turned it back on all my messages (both text and imessage) had dissapeared and then a couple minutes later the imessage ones appeared, but not all of them. then when I would go back to create a new message and type their name, our previous texts would show up and it would put their conversation into my messages. so I had to manually add back all my messages.

also it has not notified me at all of me getting any messages, no vibration no little 1 in the corner saying I have anything but when I actually go to messages it would show that I have a unread messages.......

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 8:01 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2013 8:09 PM in response to kayla151

My daughter is seeing this problem on her iPhone 4S running iOS 7, too. It has continued to happen even through the upgrades to 7.0.3.

Every so often, all of her messages completely disappear. Then they start re-appearing over time. It is as if they are synchronizing again or if a local database/datastructure is being rebuilt.

I just looked and the usage screen shows Messages using 1.1 GB. I'm trying to get her to clean out a bunch of her messages, she thinks everything is so important :-).

iphone temporarily deletes messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.