Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple developer ID Credentials

Dear All,

i Have an apple developper account and the company which im working with asked me to send my apple developer account credential to generate an ipa,

my question is:

- is it safe to give my apple developer account

- could they access my credit card number ?

for more info im using the same id on my Iphone and ipad

also this company is located outside my country and its my first apps with them (im not sure if i can trust them)

Please any help

Thank you

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 12:04 AM

12 replies

Oct 8, 2013 5:43 AM in response to Makhassak

They can take full-control of your account and do all sorts of bad things.

Do you know these people personally? Are you friends with them?

There's a good chance they are criminals because an honest developer would never ask for your credentials so they can access your account.

If you're using the same Apple ID for the developer account and your iTunes account, then they would have access to your entire Apple ID data, including your credit card.

Don't give them access.

Oct 8, 2013 5:47 AM in response to msuper69

Dear Michael,

Actually they are an Indian based company, they are building my first mobile apps.

They asked me to give them my apple developer id so they can generate me the api to I'll be able to test my application using my phone, they also asked for the device id.

To be sure, I don't know if I should trust them or not.

In this case how can I deal with them ? Is there any other option to test the application. ?

Thank you and I really appreciate your help and time.

Oct 8, 2013 5:57 AM in response to Makhassak

Makhassak wrote:

In this case how can I deal with them ? Is there any other option to test the application. ?

This is what a business developer account is for. You create and own the account. You give the other company limited access to build and maybe submit apps. They have their own set of credentials, not yours. You control things. Don't do it any other way.

Apple developer ID Credentials

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.