Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync podcasts on itunes with iphone

Since using the app Podcasts on my iPhone (because of iOS7), I cannot sync my podcasts from iTunes.

Background:

Most of my podcasts appear in the Podcasts app, but not all settings from iTunes got lost, so I would need to re-subscribe to some podcasts on the Podcasts app. And then, all progress in seeing some of the podcast-video on iTunes gets lost when I want to see them on my iPhone.

I already stopped the synchronisation on iTunes and started that again, but the Podcasts app shows completely un-synchronised information of my podcasts. The worst part is, that I already downloaded a lot of the podcasts episodes to iTunes on my Win7-PC and I need to download all of them again, whe I want to play them. (The podcasts-synchronisation tab on iTunes does nothing anymore, so why is it still there?)

Here's my question: Is there a possibility - except using the cloud - to synchronise podcasts episodes and progress between iTunes and my iPhone?

Thank a lot,

Morkus.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2, iTunes 11.1.0.126

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 1:20 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2013 9:52 AM in response to Morkus

Morkus,

Unfortunately, this is a "me to" response and I don't have any solutions to your problem. I am syncing between my iPhone 5S, iPad (4th Gen) [all running iOS 7.0.4] and my iTunes on my Mac (latest version as of today). It seems my iOS devices are syncing perfectly the podcast subscriptions, playhead positions, etc., but these do not sync across to my iTunes on my Mac.

The sync from the iOS devices to my iTunes on my Mac seemed to be working initially, but then somewhere along the way (in the same day) the sync seemed to have halted. The sync between my iOS devices is still working, but not with iTunes on my Mac. I even went through and removed all subscriptions in iTunes on my Mac which removed all on my iOS devices and then added the subscriptions back one-by-one which initially worked across to my iOS devices, but shortly failed.

Podcasts on my Apple TV is in the same status as iTunes on my Mac, however of the 14 original podcasts that initially did appear it is now down to only showing 5-6 podcasts and is also out of sync.

Jon

Cannot sync podcasts on itunes with iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.