Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only subscribed to match to get iTunes radio commercial free

I don't like to manage the music on my phone via iTunes match - I only wanted to get iTunes Radio commercial free and now find that even though I'm subscribed, the only way I get the music on iTunes Radio commercial free is if I have iTunes Match enabled on my phone. This is unnecessary. I've paid. That payment should be associated with my Apple ID and it should provide commercial free radio play without iTunes Match being turned on.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 6:33 AM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2013 7:19 PM in response to Michael Moriconi

Yep - ***** doesn't it!!! I had to set up a small sample of my full iTunes library just to get Match only to find out what you discovered - as soon as you turn on iTunes Match on any iOS device I can no longer play music that I synced. So you are stuck using the streamed iTunes Match (and get the commercial free radio) OR turn off iTunes Match.

Ended up calling Apple and getting a refund of the $25 fee. Don't understand why iTunes on a computer is smart enough to play EITHER the Radio OR my music library, but iOS devices can't do it.

Oct 9, 2013 2:38 AM in response to Michael Moriconi

Hi,

Your Apple ID allows you to access the various services that they offer. They offer a number of services that requires you to sign in otherwise you will not be able to use those services.

In the case of Ads free iTunes Radio you must be signed into iTunes Match. Otherwise how will Apple know that you have this service if you don't sign in?

Jim

Oct 9, 2013 5:10 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Your Apple ID has a complete record of every purchase that you make. This is why, when you purchase an app for instance, you can delete the app and later download it again without paying for it. Apple knows that I've purchased the service - my Apple ID has a record of that. The ad-free iTunes Radio should be set up to be available upon PURCHASE of iTunes Match rather than being controled by having Match turned on. This would be easy for Apple to do and only makes sense since - frankly - Match doesn't work very well at all.

Oct 9, 2013 6:08 AM in response to Michael Moriconi

Hi,

Apple is no different from other companies that provide services that require you to sign in to access their products.

To get apps you must be signed into iTunes App Store, likewise to get iTunes Match you must be signed into iTunes Store and have iTunes actives. That is the way they have set up iTunes Radio.

Maybe apple could have offered iTunes Radio as a separate product. I suggest that you provide feedback to Apple http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Jim

Only subscribed to match to get iTunes radio commercial free

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.