Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error code 139

Yesterday Netflix worked fine in the morning. I think I updated all the iPad apps at some point during the day. Last night it would go to Netflix and log on, but would not play any selections, giving me a 139:NFerr_MC_NoCDN message every time. I've called Netflix twice today. I've deleted and reinstalled the app several times, turning the iPad off in between those steps to reboot it. I can play movies on both my MacBook and my iPhone, so there's no problem with the account. Netflix now tells me it's a firmware issue with Apple. I'm not sure what that means and other than coming here, or driving to a city where there's an Apple Store, I don't know what next. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 6:19 AM

19 replies

Oct 8, 2013 6:50 AM in response to JSYuric

The firmware in this case is essentially iOS, so it could be that there is a compatibility issue with the current App and your version of iOS. This could be something the developer would need to correct, or if not then I'm sure the developer will raise with Apple. Either way report it to the developers using the relevant App page on the App Store.

Regards,

Steve

Feb 4, 2014 10:19 AM in response to rdav8483

I continue to have the same error code on my Ipad...HOWEVER, I had to go to BestBuy one day for something else and had my Ipad with me so I asked there...miraculously they clicked on Netflix and it came up immediately. The guy there thought maybe my router couldn't handle all my network or something. That doesn't make sense to me since my desktop and tv can get Netflix fine...just the Ipad gets that error.

Maybe next update to IOS will fix this. It is a real problem if mostly you only want to watch on the IPad.

Feb 27, 2014 11:55 AM in response to JSYuric

I recently updated to 7.0.6 due to the security flaw Apple patched. I was previously on 6.1.2 and Netflix streamed flawlessly with 0 hiccups. After updating, I haven't been able to stream due to error 139 nferr_mc_nocdn

I have an iPhone 4S and now Netflix is pretty much useless to me, I've tried doing the reset network, logging off all Netflix accounts from the website, forcing HD to playback in the lowest setting on the Netflix website, deleting and reinstalling, disabling cookies, made sure Netflix was the only app running, and no luck. This has to be firmware related if I was streaming flawlessly prior to updating. Thanks for your help in advance.

Mar 5, 2014 11:11 AM in response to JSYuric

I'm also getting same error code! Very frustrating. I have called Netflix (been about a month now) and they suggested maybe I didn't have enough network bandwidth or whatever and to try it over wifi. Well, my problem is I have no access to wifi. Occasionally Netflix app will work just fine but it's usually never when I really need it to work (sometimes I check it randomly during the day). I thought the latest update netflix released on 3/4/14 would fix the problem and yesterday when I tested the app it worked. I just tested it again and now I'm back to the same error code!! Ahhh!!!!

iPhone 5

iOS 7.0.4

9.6 GB available

Reset app uninstalled/reinstalled app

Turned phone on and off

Nothing solves the problem

Nov 20, 2014 12:30 PM in response to JSYuric

hi, i started yesterday with netfix in germany and had the same problem on my apple tv and my ipad2. all my devices have the newest firmware. after experimenting i found the solution. i had a adblocker installed on my cable router. after i had switched off the adblocker for my atv and ipad2 the problem was gone. i hope this helps somebody.

Error code 139

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.