Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Mail keeps freezes while composing emails

I am working on a decent PC (in an office with very fast broadband) using iCloud Mail in the latest Chrome browser.

Whenever I compose a new email (or compose a reply) things regularly freeze up for 10 to 30 seconds while I'm typing - which basically makes it unusable.

I have tried Firefox and Explorer (the PC does not have Safari) and the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Any help much appreciated!!

PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 6:19 AM

39 replies

Apr 14, 2014 4:09 PM in response to Lebowski1975

I've been having the same problem ever since I started using Chrome and now I don't know if it's because of Chrome or if it's an Apple problem or deliberate fault to make people use Safari the latter in my opinion.

Very difficult to use anything non Apple with Apple product as much as I love them ie: non Apple lightening connectors with iPhone 5 5s etc just wont function correctly.

So my iCloud mail just stops being rsponsive doing anything after 1 or 2 actions in Chrome just wont work actually have to close the tab and reconnect it's a pain in the butt really.

Now I have just tried it with Safari and it works seamlessly which is a pain as well because I wanted to use Chrome like some of you although I have noticed Chrome has been slowing down and being unresponsive on visiting various sites of late so I may be heading back to Safari.

Apr 15, 2014 7:48 AM in response to Lebowski1975

iCloud has been working just fine for me...until yesterday. It started freezing up every few functions as described above. I too am using Chrome on a windows machine (at work) trying to access email online. Today is no better. I think something is going on with the Apple's servers. Can't pin this one on the OS; not after it's been working fine for so long.

Apr 15, 2014 1:57 PM in response to Lebowski1975

I have had pretty good luck with Chrome Canary, the public beta of chrome found here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/canary.html

My mailbox has been open for about 30 min now and I have written multiple emails since I started using it. It's not a perfect solution because it cannot be made the default browser, but it should get you up and running for the time being.

Best of luck, I will be calling Apple tonight and let you all know what I hear.

iCloud Mail keeps freezes while composing emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.