Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone5S battery life big issue

😮My new iphone5S battery drains overnight even when you don't use it😮

Iphone5S::I have two iPhones, one is an iphone5 and the iphone5s. I set the same settings that are on my iphone5 onto the iphone5s and they both have iso 7.0.2 and the iphone5s drains 75% faster on my new iphone5S! I have adjusted the apps and settings on my iphone5s so hardly anything is running and still it drains fast. On my iphone5 I can leave Bluetooth on, Wi-Fi on, and apps running and all the other things i read to turn off to get more life out of your battery and my iPhone 5 will last a lot longer than my iPhone 5s with all those settings off. Now here is the kicker about the iphone5S, I have both iPhone’s setup with an alarm to go off at 7:25am, my iphone5 will go off and when I check my iphone5s, its dead, no battery life left.

They were both charged up before I went to bed at 100% and my iphone5s was dead 0% battery life and my iphone5 was at 98%. So, to me it isn't a software issue, it is hardware, either the battery is no god or something hardware is draining the battery. So why is my iphone5s totally dead overnight without even using it???????????

I use my iphone5 more than my iphone5s and that is a shame to use an older iPhone because you can rely on it.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2, Iphone5S battery life big issue

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 6:37 AM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2013 7:54 AM in response to Acecloak

I am turning the LTE off today to try it and see if it is causing the battery to drain so fast. Go into setings, Cellular and take off the Enable LTE. This is running in the background all the time and it seems to DRAIN the battery life. I guess the only work around when you want to download data fatser, go in settings and enable it. Disable it when your not using it.

Will update this fourm tomorow when i have enough time to prove this....................

Oct 9, 2013 5:13 AM in response to Acecloak

I had LTE disabled and low and behold, my battery is still at 100% and didn't have to charge it yet. So by leaving LTE disabled saves battery life 90% more. I should have gotten a iphone5 since that is suppose to be one of the new and improve features of the iphone5s. I think we all should get a rebate back since we cannot use all the features on this iphone5s which is now really only a iphone5. Not sure why the LTE would be enabled all the time, should have a setting along with LTE, only enable when checking mail or when you use data. When your dwn LTE should automatically turn off.Sounds to easy to do and not sure why it wasn't done......

If you are not using your iphone to surf or lay games, disable LTE, wen you require to use data just have to go back in and enable, ya i know pain in the @ss but hey, Apple made the iphone5s better...right...lol

Iphone5S battery life big issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.