Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font Book not working for AD Network Users

My predecessor upgraded a particular lab in our school district to the "Magic Triangle" of using Active Directory for Authentication and OSX Server for control (Open Directory).

All the computers are using 10.8.3

All the users have network home accounts in AD, and from what I can tell all their OSX Home Directory information is being kept in there as well, including the "Library/Fonts" folder.

However, when we try to install a font as a Network User to the user profile (cannot install to local machine because it would require admin credentials) it just flashes, no error message, and no font is ever installed.

I checked the console logs and found that the error is revolving around Fontbook trying to save to file:\\localhost\home\users\"user.name"\library\fonts

It is not saving to the network home like everything else is, for some reason its still defaulting to "localhost".

What can I do?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 6:54 AM

There are no replies.

Font Book not working for AD Network Users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.