Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have suddenly lost voice navigation on iOS maps and turn by turn navigation. please advise. both were working fine

I downloaded iOS 7 about 4 weeks ago and lost voice naviagtion on iOS maps. Then after logging in and back out of maps and checking mic and volume etc (all of which were fine), the voice navigation suddenly returned. Now, today, its gone again. I've tried everything I know but there's still no voice and the pages don't automatically scroll along either as you're driving; ie it has to be done manually; which is of course dangerous.

Any advice anyone please?

Many thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 8:18 AM

4 replies

Dec 27, 2013 1:35 AM in response to JensLyn

...strange thing is that the voice directions/navigation returned this morning when I went to work.

But what really gets to me is, that I do not seem to be able to rely on the voice.

When going for longer trips to areas that are new to me, it is not comforting that the voice _might_ work.

So could someone please tell us what could be done ?

Oct 29, 2015 7:45 AM in response to JensLyn

Two years since you posted, and the same voice thing happened to me, apparently randomly, last weekend in a strange city. Nightmare. Anyway, busked it (my wife's iPhone was OK, and she read out directions from mine, which was still doing turn-by-turn). This is on iPhone 5s, running iOS 8.4.1.

Back at base, I googled the problem and found one of those witchy fixes that shouldn't work, but did:

1. Turn on Airplane mode.

2. Wait 10 seconds.

3. Turn off Airplane mode.

Job done - Maps got its voice back! I tried it because lots of people had reported similar issues and many had use the same fix. No guarantees, but it's a very easy thing to try!

i have suddenly lost voice navigation on iOS maps and turn by turn navigation. please advise. both were working fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.