Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I plug in my iphone to computer, it always ask whether u trust the computer or not. How to remove thos setting

I always encounter "Do you Trust this computer message" when the iphone is plug in to computer. Please teach me how to remove this setting.

Previously when using ios 6.xxx , This wouldnt happens. Whenever I charge my phone using powerbank devices, it fails. I dun dxperience this in ios 6.xxxx

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 8:37 AM

27 replies

Nov 12, 2013 2:44 AM in response to Sasankalim

@colingoree - There is no option on the popup itself to prevent this prompt from being asked in the future. See the link norm123 posted.

@norm123 - Simply clicking "Trust" or "Don't Trust" for that matter does nothing to remedy the issue. No matter which choice is made the prompt will return upon next plugin. It does not -- as the support article claimed -- "trust the computer indefinately".

I will continue to seach for an answer, but here is to hoping the solution is posted here.

Thank you,

Sean May

Feb 2, 2014 2:10 AM in response to Sasankalim

After Apple's 10 or so suggestions, including complicated mscongif and regedit approachs, all failed... I found this, easy enough to follow solution that actually worked. in a single user's post in the forums here somewhere. Can't find it again to say thanks to whoever it was, which prompted me to post it everywhere so everyone else can find it:

(Note: this is for Windows 8, but the solution for other versions is similar - you might need to try a few other folders, but are still looking for "Apple Device" under "Device Manager".)

1. Connect your iPad/iPhone/iPod to your PC
  2. Go to: Control Panel > Device Manager
  3. Click on: Portable Devices
  4. Right click on: Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod > Update Driver Software
  5. Choose: Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

Click okay and everything should suddenly work fine again. (I can't remember if I had to choose "trust" again, but if I did, I only had to do it the once and everything was fixed after that).

Feb 3, 2014 4:19 PM in response to Heath.J

Thanks Heath.J, it worked! I've been working on this problem for 3 days to no avail. I've tried all kinds of suggestions that did not help. I REALLY appreciate your help. The other "Help" community had many of the same issue, so I gave them your solution. I hope you don't mind. I couldn't figure out how to copy your entire answer but I did give your name & the date so they can follow up on your advice.

I'll sleep MUCH better tonight, thanks to you.

Best regards, Leo Nard

Whenever I plug in my iphone to computer, it always ask whether u trust the computer or not. How to remove thos setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.