Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Original Express can't see Extreme Wifi network

I have a new 802.11n Airport Extreme (bought last year) and a very old original 802.11g Airport Express. The Extreme is providing the Wireless network in the house, and it works great. I want to hook the Express up to my stereo so I can use Airplay with it. I tried to set it up to connect to the existing Wifi network, but when I'm configuring it in Airport Utility, it won't see the network, so it can't connect. My iPhone, right next to the Express, can see and conncet to the network just fine.

I have the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz network using the same SSID. Do I have to separate those? That would be annoying, but I could possibly live with it.

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 9:41 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2013 9:47 AM in response to Jon Baumgartner

I have the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz network using the same SSID. Do I have to separate those?

No, that shouldn't be necessary. What Radio Mode do you have your Extreme configured for. By default, it would be set to "Automatic." If it is, or it has been reconfigured to use only the 802.11n mode on the 2.4 Ghz radio band then this may be the reason why the 802.11g Express is having difficulty connecting to it as a wireless client.

Original Express can't see Extreme Wifi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.