4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2013 12:34 PM by randers4
Jerry Dammers Level 1 (0 points)

I have managed to set up an Apple ID but when trying to log into iCloud, I get this message:

Set Up iCloud on a device to use iCloud.com

Your Apple ID must be used to set up iCloud on an iOS device before you can use iCloud.com

On the second part of that message, I thought iCloud could be set up on a Mac without the need to first set it up on an iOS device.

What do I need to do?

(I'm trying to share photos via photostream with a PC user).

Thank you

• Jerry Dammers Level 1 (0 points)

Apologies above should state: "set up on a PC" and not "set up on a Mac" - ie I'm trying to set up iCloud on a PC.

• randers4 Level 9 (62,715 points)

You cannot create an iCloud account on a PC.  You have to create your iCloud account on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) running iOS 5 or higher, or on a Mac running OS X Lion (10.7.2) or higher.  After creating your account on one of these devices you will then be able to sign into the account on your PC.

• Jerry Dammers Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks - I've just logged on to an iPad with the "PC user" Apple ID and then logged off again. Is this enough to activate the account and now make that iCloud account accessible on the PC?

• randers4 Level 9 (62,715 points)

If you went to Settings>iCloud on your iPad and signed in with your Apple ID to create your account, you should then be able to use that ID to sign in on the iCloud control panel for Windows.