Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner (Canoscan) Software Suddenly Stopped Working!

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has come across scanner software ceasing to work before? I've been using a Canon Canoscan 8400f Scanner for years with little or no problems and suddenly in the the last few days it's stopped talking to my Mac. I have an iMac G5 PPC running 10.4.11, and as it has been running so well I know little about its inner workings. I've tried everything I could find on the web - re-installs, software and driver updates, permissions repair, nothing gets it talking to the computer. The only thing I have managed to glean is that it appears to be a software problem from the computer end - does the same whether I try to access it from buttons on the scanner or software on the mac. It runs Scangear CS and Canonscan Toolbox both of which I have updated, re-installed etc to no avail. The Canonscan Toolbox starts to boot up (showing its icon on the dock) and then shuts down before completion.

If anyone has had a similar problem or knows where the fault might lie, I'd be very glad of any help offered.

Many thanks....

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 10:17 AM

1 reply

Scanner (Canoscan) Software Suddenly Stopped Working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.