Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my me.com is not receiving emails and says 'over quota' to the sender

My me.com email is not receiving any emails and people sending me an email have a reply from apple saying 'over quota'. I went into an Apple Store just now and they didn't know why it's doing this, and said to delete emails from my inbox. (about 4200 in my inbox and 8000 archived) because it's probably reached its capacity. I have over 10gb's of space on my iCloud account and only 11.3mb of it are being used for my emails. I have started to delete emails. Several hundred, but after sending an email to myself from another account, it's still saying 'over quota' in the post master response.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how was it fixed? Quite frustrating as it's my primary email address and am missing out on important emails.

Thank you!

iOS 7.0.2, me.com MobileMe iCloud

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 10:42 AM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2013 10:46 AM in response to dcblckr

Which storage plan do you have? If you used to be on MobileMe and you haven't paid for an upgrade then your storage just got dropped down to 5 GB.

If you have 12,200 e-mails in your account I believe you are using more than 11.3 MB. Also note that any iOS device backups you may have take up space as well. Refer to this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4847

my me.com is not receiving emails and says 'over quota' to the sender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.