Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turning off reverb in Garageband

Macbook Air 2010

Snoball

I've spent three weeks searching for an answer. I'm not a musician or User uploaded filebroadcaster, so kept using the word "echo" instead of "reverb." Bah!

Finally I found a blog that showed me how. But she says these boxes should be blue, then turned off. Since there is no blue showing, do I have the settings on or off? And is this the right thing to do to make simple phrases in podcast mode, without that hollow echoing sound?

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 1:01 PM

the way you have the Master track set in the above image, there is no echo or reverb available to any track.

"lit" means on. grey means off (Ducker is ON, Vis EQ and Compressor are OFF)

you could also turn it off on a per track basis after clicking the "Real Instrument tab in the above image, and making sure echo and reverb are turned off

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2013 1:01 PM in response to dowbright

the way you have the Master track set in the above image, there is no echo or reverb available to any track.

"lit" means on. grey means off (Ducker is ON, Vis EQ and Compressor are OFF)

you could also turn it off on a per track basis after clicking the "Real Instrument tab in the above image, and making sure echo and reverb are turned off

Oct 8, 2013 1:19 PM in response to dowbright

dowbright wrote:

Leave ducker on, and Vis EQ and Compressor off?

ducker would be useful if you have music playing on another track, the music level will be reduced every time you speak (which, if you pause a lot can make a horrible podcast. if you're prepared it's a useful feature)

the Visual EQ and the Compressor don't have a simple answer. both can be useful in getting a particular sound you may be trying to get. the best advice is to look up what audio compressors and EQ do, and then play with the settings to find out if they are of use to your particular recordings.

turning off reverb in Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.