Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS7 Audi A3 Bluetooth connection problem!

my iphone 5 with IOS7 wont connect with my Audi A3 bluetooth. Will this glitch be fixed or is my car bluetooth now absolutely pointless and a waste of money?

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 1:11 PM

10 replies

Oct 10, 2013 1:40 PM in response to Avrosse

Hello Avrosse,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iOS: Troubleshooting car stereo connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3581

Troubleshooting tips

Beginning playback and controlling music

Some car stereos may require that playback be started or controlled from either the device or the stereo. Ensure that your car stereo is set to the proper input for your device. If it is and you cannot hear sound from your car speakers, try switching to your radio and then back to the proper input.

Disconnect and restart

If you are experiencing difficulties with the connection between your stereo and device, disconnect the device, and then power cycle the stereo and your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. When the Home screen reappears, reconnect your device.

Isolate the issue

Try to reproduce the issue with an identical or similar accessory, if one is available, or test with a second device.

Restore iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you have isolated an issue to the device, restore iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to its factory condition.

Best of luck,

Mario

Oct 12, 2013 6:53 AM in response to RicD

hi thanks for the replys.

i only bought the car around 2 weeks ago, it is a 2009 audi a3 black edition sportback. when i try and connect it doesnt show up at all so i cant unpair it as it hasnt been paired before. i took my car to audi and they just told me because apple have updated it my cars bluetooth probably wont work anymore with my phone. i asked them is there any way he could update my car or something to get it working but he said no he doesnt think so. they are not the brightest people in audi i gathered. any other helpful ideas then im all ears

thanks

Oct 12, 2013 8:03 AM in response to wegras

How do i remove all devices? Ive looked in the user manual but it doesnt tell me how to delete other connections. It says 'you can bond upto four mobile phones to the onboard phone system. If you bond a fifth mobile phone, the system will delete the device which has not been used for the longest time in conjunction with the onboard system'.

So to me it sounds like it should just work automatically but it isnt connecting :/

Oct 12, 2013 8:12 AM in response to Avrosse

Thats Audi for you 😁 on a BMW it is very simple to clear all back to zero pairings ,has fixed many similar issues.

Suggest you see if there is an Audi 3 Forum where others may also have had similar issues

You may need an upgrade to Audi system

You have a 2009 car with probably older B/T software and you are trying to connect state of the art late 2013 comms device with very latest B/T profiles

but first have you done any basic troubleshooting on iPhone especialy if you upgraded over the air

Reset

restore first with backup and then as new ,as required

IOS7 Audi A3 Bluetooth connection problem!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.