Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off iTune match and sync my iPhone music with my computer?

I upgraded to a 5S. How do I get music that is on my computer on to my iPhone without downloading it from iCloud.

When I go to the Music tab it states iTune match is on.

I'm sure it's simple but I have not been able to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 1:11 PM

6 replies

Oct 10, 2013 1:38 PM in response to al from bon aqua

Hello al from bon aqua,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iTunes Store: Subscribing to iTunes Match

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4914

To turn off Auto-Renew for iTunes Match

iTunes Match will automatically renew your subscription at the end of your 1 year subscription by default. To turn off Auto-Renew:

1. Open the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Choose Store > Sign In.
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password, and click Sign In.
  4. Choose Store > View My Account. You may be asked to re-enter your Apple ID password.
  5. In the "iTunes in the Cloud" section, click Turn Off Auto-Renew to the right of iTunes Match.

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1535?viewlocale=en_US

Best of luck,

Mario

Jan 28, 2015 8:51 PM in response to mario49

HOW DO YOU CANCEL ITUNES MATCH???

I want to be able to sync specific songs with my iPhone, like before and the iTunes page for that says iTunes match which it is not.

So once again how do you cancel iTunes match so you can manage syncing songs with your iPhone manually.

I don't care about auto renew I want to cancel iTunes match get rid of it.

Nov 15, 2016 11:59 AM in response to EthanM1

I have the same problem... With using Apple Music, I will 'Add'(Not Download) a whole album on my computer(a little cloud would then appear next to my songs)(which is what I want), but then it will download via wifi to my iphone and download the whole album on my phone and it's taking up lots of space on my iphone.

I feel like we have a similar issue here, EthanM1.

Thank you Mario49 for trying to help us out here!

Nov 15, 2016 1:24 PM in response to Christopher.T.

You should be able to disable automatic downloads on your iPhone. (Settings > iTunes & App Stores)

You can choose whether the iPhone syncs with your local library or with the iCloud Music Library. (Settings > Music > iCloud Music Library). If it syncs with iCloud Music Library you should be able to download only what you want to the device and stream anything else as required.

tt2

How do I turn off iTune match and sync my iPhone music with my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.