Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulty installing Brother MFC-J825 printer driver

Hi

I'm trying to install a Brother MFC-J825DW printer to my MacBook Air running OSX 10.8.5.

I have downloaded and successfully installed the driver from the Brother website. However when I connect the printer via a USB port:

-- I can see the printer in 'Print and Scan' preferences

-- but I can't find the driver downloaded from Brother

-- instead I get prompted to dowload te driver from Apple

-- After clicking 'Install' - a few moments later, I get a message saying: The software is currently unavailable.

How can I use the drivers as downloaded directly from Apple?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Krish

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 3:54 PM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2013 5:28 PM in response to psoni101

... However when I connect the printer via a USB port:

The MFC-J825DW is a wireless printer. Assuming you have a wireless network, it's best to not use its USB connection at all.

Make sure the printer is connected to your wireless network. You can use its front panel control for configuration: Menu > Network > WLAN. Refer to its manual, page 34:

http://download.brother.com/welcome/doc002847/cv_mfc825dw_eng_net_b.pdf

Once you get it working, check Brother's website for firmware updates. An update was released for it about a month ago. Don't update its firmware until you get it working reliably.

Difficulty installing Brother MFC-J825 printer driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.