Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s/iOS 7.0.2 email deletion bug.

Starting today I can no delete emails. I slide it to the left to bring up the deletion option and it just instantly snaps back to the right as if I never slide it. The edit button in the top right cornered changes from "edit" to "done" and starts flashing when this happens.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 3:49 PM

24 replies

Oct 8, 2013 5:16 PM in response to Kayt Leclercq

I realize it doesn't correct the other issue, I just wanted to make sure that email would delete first. If the force close and the reset does not work, the next step in user troubleshooting is restore from a backup. If that does not correct things, then the last step is restore as a new device, not from a backup.

Before you try the restore, I suggest going into Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and delete the mail account. Power the phone off/on, then add the email account back. If this does not do it, then continue with the restore.

Oct 8, 2013 5:26 PM in response to Kayt Leclercq

If it is a software bug, it is not affecting my phone. If it is affecting multiple accounts on your phone, then it leads me to believe it is something with your iOS, but not necessarily a bug. The iOS 7.0.3 update is to address iMessage issues, not mail. Whether you want to restore or not may not be an option for you, give the symptoms that you identified. Your decision to make, good luck.

Oct 8, 2013 9:31 PM in response to Kayt Leclercq

I do not understand how a complete restore did not correct your email issue. You say you restored from backup. Did you do a restore as a new device? After that, add the email accounts to see if they work? If they do, you can restore from the last backup and see if they will work again. The only alternative if they are not working after that is to make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have the hardware checked. I cannot think of any further alternatives.

I replied to your backup thread.

iPhone 5s/iOS 7.0.2 email deletion bug.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.