2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2013 7:26 PM by Steppenwolf323
Steppenwolf323 Level 1 (10 points)

Hi

I am creating a Blood Glucose Monthly Form. It is organized by week with an average at the end of each week for the various times of day I test my sugar. Those results then contribute to averaging the weekly numbers for a monthly number. I have a similar form I am developing for Blood Pressure.

My question is that since this a monthly form destined to be a template how do I get around the error messages that appear when there are blanks as I have not yet reached that day/ date. Can someone help with a formula that will work?

Thank you

Herbert

• Jerrold Green1 Level 7 (29,960 points)

Herbert,

There is a function named "IFERROR" that will trap an error condition, prevent the alert and substitute a display/calculation that you choose. The syntax is: =IFERROR(original-expression, what-to-do-upon-error).

Often it is sufficient to display a null string on error: IFERROR(original-expression, "").

Jerry

• Steppenwolf323 Level 1 (10 points)

Hi

I solved my own problem. I just don't know how. I opened a spreadsheet in Numbers I created in Excel with the formulas I needed and then saved it in Numbers format. It works perfectly.

Herbert