Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I delete individual pictures in iPhoto?

I hav gone thorgh the individual list of itrms and none work
Dan Page

Hawaii

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 7:42 PM

DanPage,

When you open iPhoto, click on Photos, select a photo, it should be outlined with a yellow border. Then click COMMAND delete, click DELETE PHOT (you can also hold down command and select multiple photos)

It will send it to trash in iPhoto, you can then select the photos in the trash (you can also do a COMMAND A to select all in the trash)and they will outline then SHIFT+COMMAND+DELETE, and click on do you want to delete X photos permanently, click OK then they should be sent to your trash, empty trash securely(SHIFT+COMMAND+DELETE) and they should be forever gone.

this is using iPhoto 9.2.3

Hope this helps

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2013 7:42 PM in response to DanPage

DanPage,

When you open iPhoto, click on Photos, select a photo, it should be outlined with a yellow border. Then click COMMAND delete, click DELETE PHOT (you can also hold down command and select multiple photos)

It will send it to trash in iPhoto, you can then select the photos in the trash (you can also do a COMMAND A to select all in the trash)and they will outline then SHIFT+COMMAND+DELETE, and click on do you want to delete X photos permanently, click OK then they should be sent to your trash, empty trash securely(SHIFT+COMMAND+DELETE) and they should be forever gone.

this is using iPhoto 9.2.3

Hope this helps

Why can't I delete individual pictures in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.