Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to app store after iOS 7 update

I updated to 7.0 and immediately noticed that I was unable to log into the App Store. At first I could get updates but after about 3 days, the updates stopped as well. Now when I open the App Store I get three pop ups in a row: "cannot connect to App Store". Also, when I could still receive updates, I could also connect to iTunes and listen to my entire catalog. I lost that ability as well by performing all the trouble shooting steps like:

Delete safari cache and cookies, hard reboot

Accept all cookies

Accept all 3rd party cookies

Delete network settings

Sign out of iTunes and try to sign back in.

When I signed out if iTunes, I could no longer sign back in.

Then I see update 7.02 arrives and I immediately install hoping that they addressed this issue off record. I was able to sign into iTunes after the update completed. I could see updates in the App Store and I could use the near me functions to see apps that are published by nearby businesses. Then after more trouble shooting including:

Erasing all data and settings the restoring a recent iCloud backup.

Performing all the usual steps that are mentioned in these articles like changing the time ahead an hour, a year, delete more cache and cookies, hard reboot, power cycle, ect. Ect.

Then I deleted all settings and just started a new profile to ensure that I could indeed connect to the AppStore without restoring my iCloud data. Everything works fine using this method. But I have been an iPhone user since the beginning and I have a lot of sentimental audio recordings in various apps of my daughter who was very young at the time. I need someone to take pity on me and let's get to the bottom of this issue.

I'm not the only one with this problem. I desperately need to update my time tag application so that I may track my billing time at work and the app keeps crashing without the ios7 update. I have a feeling this had something to do with the App Store agreement. It's like I haven't accepted the agreement and I'm not being prompted to do so.

If anyone can provide any insight, I would really appreciate it. I really don't want to lose this profile! That's Microsoft logic anyway. :)

Thanks,

Chris Foster

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 9:13 PM

There are no replies.

Cannot connect to app store after iOS 7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.