Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off my smart lock on ios7 when it's not in settings>general?

Hi, I am in need of help from some one who can tell me what is wrong with my IPad 2. My lock button stopped functioning after screen replacement and it does not lock the iPad unless the smart lock if off in the settings. I can perform other actions such as switch off and screenshot using the lock button but it does not lock the iPad. On IOS6 there was a smart lock but I updated it to ios7 and there is no smart lock known as lock and unlock option on iPad 2 in order for me to turn off. I need help with this please.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2, iPad won't lock if smart lock is on

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 9:18 PM

I can't tell you why your Sleep/Wake (or Lock) button is not working. However, you should have the Assitive Touch feature on the iPad which floats a virtual button on the screen. Through this virtual button you can mimic the Home button, the Sleep/Wake button and much more, even if those physical buttons are not working/damaged. To access it:

Settings>General>Accessibility>AssitiveTouch

Also, I believe that under certain circumstances, the option for "iPad Cover Lock / Unlock will only be available under Settings>General if the iPad has detected a Smart Cover (with an embedded magnet).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2013 9:18 PM in response to Sarvarbek

I can't tell you why your Sleep/Wake (or Lock) button is not working. However, you should have the Assitive Touch feature on the iPad which floats a virtual button on the screen. Through this virtual button you can mimic the Home button, the Sleep/Wake button and much more, even if those physical buttons are not working/damaged. To access it:

Settings>General>Accessibility>AssitiveTouch

Also, I believe that under certain circumstances, the option for "iPad Cover Lock / Unlock will only be available under Settings>General if the iPad has detected a Smart Cover (with an embedded magnet).

How can I turn off my smart lock on ios7 when it's not in settings>general?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.