You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I disable iTunes Radio on my iPhone?

How can I disable iTunes radio on my iPhone? I very often have my headset (Bose MIE2i) plugged into my phone and if the button on the headset control gets pushed accidentally iTunes radio starts playing. I don't use my iPhone for music and I have no interest in using iTunes Radio but there doesn't seem to be any way of turning it OFF! This is annoying and can end up running down my battery life. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2013 9:38 PM

3 replies

Dec 3, 2013 8:31 PM in response to DavidCSF

It actually does work. What you have to do is drag another icon down to the bottom left where the radio is defaulted. It will automatically kick up one of the other icons that is highlighted. For example, I dragged the Songs icon down and the Genius icon popped up to the top. Then I dragged the genius back down to the second spot and the Radio one goes to the right until it pops up. You just have to do it four times.

It's kind of a pain, but it does work. Give it a try. This is what it ends up looking like.

User uploaded file

How can I disable iTunes Radio on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.